[kwlug-disc] Open Streets and Free Culture

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Wed May 6 16:58:52 EDT 2015

Once again this summer the Open Streets UpTown Waterloo event is running
<http://www.openstreetsutw.ca>.

Back when we were at UW, Christopher Vollick and myself, as well as some
others, used to run an event where we set up a table in the Student Life
Centre and gave away CDs and DVDs of free culture content (music and blender
films) along with showing some short films, playing some music, and
providing the students who came by with an opportunity to find out more
about Free/Libre Culture.

We would like to update and reprise this event at the summer's Open Streets
events (dates: Sunday June 21, Saturday July 18, Sunday August 16 and Sunday
September 20) and are looking for a few people who might be interested in
helping out!  We need people to man the table along with us during the
event, answering questions and talking with people who stop by, giving out
pamphlets, CDs, DVDs (or whatever other distribution mechanisms we come up
with), etc.  You don't need to be free for the entire event, event being
willing to help out for an hour would be useful.

Also if anyone has a sun shade / tent or portable power solution (large
battery, small [and quiet] generator) they'd be willing to let us borrow,
that would be great.  Otherwise I'll be purchasing a sun shade soon.