[kwlug-disc] Website Wishlist

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 15 09:59:29 EDT 2015

I will try to write up something about that over the weekend.

A very simple example of a static site is kwruby.ca, and you can see the
code here:
https://github.com/kwruby/kwruby.ca

It uses middleman instead of Jekyll, but they are pretty similar.
* write content (common in Markdown)
* execute the site build
* upload the resulting HTML to your webserver
* PROFIT!

The public webserver can be simpler and more secure because all it is
going is hosting static files.

Andrew