[kwlug-disc] Website Wishlist

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 8 14:23:16 EDT 2015

I would like to keep an archive of content, which means migrating
content. Drupal 6 -> Drupal 7 is painful but doable. I am not looking
forward to re-entering all content manually, so then the problem
becomes one of exporting content in some sensible way. (The first
person to blindly suggest "use a wiki!" as the solution has just
volunteered to transcribe all the content.)

Another thing that is nice with Drupal is having multiple logins. I do
not want to be the only person with commit access, because at some
point other people will need to update KWLUG content.

The third thing is that the content should be updateable by the web,
because giving out SSH credentials like candy might not go over well
with our generous webhosts.

Having said all that, I agree that our poor website has become much
less dynamic than we originally intended, and that making the site
more static would be nice.

- Paul