[kwlug-disc] Tablet shopping

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Sun Sep 28 21:20:37 EDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> I have been using Sony Xperia branded Android phones for many years now,
> and can vouch for their high quality. First the Xperia X10, then Xperia
> Arc, and now the Xperia ZL. The cameras are the best there is, and the
> screens are bright and sharp with vivid colors.

I briefly had a Xperia ZL phone, that I sold before going back to a Nexus
device. Sony allows bootloader unlocking, but Rogers firmware prevented it.
Was very disappointed.

> I did consider the Xperia Tablet Z, but could never justify the price
> ($599 plus taxes for 32GB model when it came out ~ 1.5 years ago). Now, it
> is not even at Futureshop or BestBuy for some odd reason, and on Amazon.ca,
> it starts at over $750 ...

I paid much, much less for it at Best Buy than that. Must have been toward
the end of the product cycle.

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>