[kwlug-disc] Easy screenshot software

Nick Guenther nguenthe at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 23 00:55:59 EDT 2014

gnome-screenshot in clipboard mode + GIMP is probably the closest to
what you want. Gnome comes with a keyboard shortcut
(Ctrl+Shift+PrintScreen) that runs `gnome-screenshot -c -a` which lets
you cut out a rectangle and then copies it to the clipboard. If you
aren't running gnome you could make your own keyboard shortcut with
xbindkeys / local environment's keyboard shortcut system to do this
for you.

Personally, I don't like the annotation feature that is in Win7's
Clipper app. I would rather do my annotation with a proper drawing app.

--
Nick Guenther
4B Stats/CS