[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Sep 17 09:29:47 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:33 AM, CrankyOldBugger <crankyoldbugger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Being one of the many here who has recently dumped his satellite TV, I
> can't say that I miss any of the channels.  There's only one show that
> Wifeski watches that I can't find on torrents (the Marilyn Denis Show),

So, here is a tip which will earn you some points with the wife (and you
owe me a coffee).

The Marilyn Denis Show airs daily on CKCO (CTV Kitchener) at 10 am to 11
noon, then repeated from 11 am to 12 am on CHCJ (CTV Two)

Almost any antenna will pick the former channel in the area.

Start with the Philips SDV8625T

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/philips-philips-amplified-indoor-outdoor-antenna-sdv8625t-sdv8625t-27/10179331.aspx

They sometimes sell it in the Kitchener store for $50, even the web site
says $90. Call ahead if you are near a store that has it in stock and see
if it is discounted.

If your wife is at work at that time, then you get a the HomeWorx
HW-150PVR, and attach a USB disk, and you are done. Again, they will price
match Amazon.ca and give it to you for $50.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/homeworx-homeworx-high-definiton-digital-converter-box-hw-150pvr-hw-150pvr/10273439.aspx

Double double please ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin