[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Wed Apr 16 12:58:42 EDT 2014

The Baden tower is on very high hill. Which, by definition, is also
between your house and Toronto

One of my earlier essays notes on this thread (or a similar) discussed
how topography and the curvature of the Earth impact the reception of
UHF and UHF-HD signals.

I am not sure a Yagi antenna would help much in your situation as its
primary design intent is to favour signals from one direction while
attenuating signals from others.

And the Baden tower would be, more or less, in line with the Toronto
transmitters. The Yagi would be "pointed" both at the Baden tower and
the transmitters in Toronto.

I would guess, that in your situation an active filter could come in
handy. That is, of course, if you can get a signal from Toronto at all.

Regards,
JohnJ