[kwlug-disc] OT: "No I will not fix your computer."

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Nov 2 17:19:31 EDT 2013

CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> corporate world. There are licenses to buy for Linux there.

But the licenses you buy for GNU/Linux are support/maintenance
contracts.  You have to buy those for Windows too, in *addition* to the
licenses you buy just to have the software on the premises.

John Kerr and I were chatting off-list, and I mentioned that I'd like to
see his presentation on "The Economics of Free Software". I missed it at
SFD2012 because of a timing issue (mea culpa). John said "Sounds good",
so I'm hoping the KWLUG Scheduling Committee can fit him in, maybe March
2014?

--Bob.