[kwlug-disc] Incomplete Call ID with SPA3102 & Asterisk

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Oct 14 23:33:10 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:51:26PM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 08:12:04AM -0400, L.D. Paniak wrote:
> > If you add a few digits to PSTN CID Number Prefix, do they get passed
> > through to the asterisk box?
>
> Yes, actually. I added a '1', and the CID number comes across properly
> now, and the 1 acts is displayed like a country code. I don't know how
> international calls would look, but I have never had one before anyway.

Okay, so this does cause a problem. Since every number is prefixed with
1, I can't call anybody back using the call history on my phone. Local
calls, for example, inform me to try again without the country code.

Apparently the issue was "PSTN Caller ID Pattern", which was blank.
Changing this to '*' passes the CID through without any prefixes
required.

--
Chris Irwin
e:  chris at chrisirwin.ca