[kwlug-disc] Creative Commons Film Festival

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Aug 12 12:10:16 EDT 2011

Paul Nijjar wrote, On 08/12/2011 11:33 AM:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:58:54PM -0400, R. Brent Clements wrote:
>> I can poke around for some artists, including local artists, that
>> publish their music openly.  A demo of open recording tools could also
>> be arranged I guess, if we wanted to go that route.  Not sure if that
>> is the intention tho.
>
> A demo of open recording tools would be amazing.
>
> If you know of good artists that publish music openly then that would
> be good too. The "film festival" was more oriented towards video
> clips, but since nobody on the list is willing to admit that they
> watch Creative Commons-licenced content we may have to modify (or
> scrap) the idea.

Perhaps this is a demographics thing?

Presumably the use of such tools results in youtube postings.

Perhaps there are youtube postings about using such tools, as well?
Perhaps making possible a standalone demo for you?

Not sure of your audience, but dancing bear may be an issue here.
(If one is 'good' and 4 are not, it's not the tools' fault. i.e. "With
practice you too can post quality results. It's easy, it's fun ...")

'course if you luck out and get quality results, so much the better.

-----

From:
http://www.joomla4web.com/blog/alternative-joomla-administrator-templates-and-dancing-bears.html

Dancing Bear Syndrome is a term coined by Jared Spool and Alan Cooper
(among others in the usability community). Someone says, "Look! A
dancing bear!" And you are amazed! The bear is dancing! How cool is that?

Of course, bears don't dance well. It's just amazing that they dance
at all. The novelty of it all is what catches our attention, not the
quality of the dancing.