[kwlug-disc] Todo Lists and task management

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Mar 16 17:01:13 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 04:32:45PM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:
> So how do you get a list of projects with outstanding tasks?
> `find ~/work -name STATE` ?

I generally have one global todo list per "namespace."  I.e. I have
a global one for work, and a global one for life.  If I need to be
reminded about a certain project, I just reference it in the
appropriate global list.

Then per project directory, I have STATE or TODO files which include
as detailed thoughts as possible, things I still need to research, etc.
The more pinpointed and detailed the better.  Then when I have time or
interest in that project, I just check where I left off.

If I'm diligent with recording my state when I have to switch away
from a project, it helps a lot when I have to swap it back in later. :-)

- Chris