[kwlug-disc] (In progress) kwlug candidate meeting site sourced.

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Sat Dec 19 15:51:12 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 03:02:44AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i could write more but i think the discussion of where to meet is
> premature.  i think what has to be clarified first is what kwlug is
> trying to *do*.  once that's clearly defined, answering the rest of
> the questions should be easier.

As long as we remember that whatever KWLUG tries to do depends entirely
on what the members are willing to give.

In other words, if Person A wants KWLUG to go in Direction B, then
Person A has to do 90% of the work to get us there.

I think Richard, Paul, and the Secret Cabal are good examples.  They
each had visions of how to improve the LUG, even if they didn't think
of it that way, and they quietly step up to fill the void.

So, I'd say that the organic stream of volunteer presentations is an
impressive mark of success.  There's always room for improvement, but
let's not discount what we already have.

- Chris