[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: FreeSWITCH/FusionPBX (Aug 2017)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 12 06:06:45 EDT 2017

After successfully demonstrating both microblogging and XMPP for
KWLUG, Bob Jonkman makes his triumphant return this month. Lately he
has been working with the FreeSWITCH VoIP telephony system and its
FusionPBX frontend. Amongst other things he has used it to set up
conference calls for his customers.

As in his other presentations, Bob will both describe
FreeSWITCH/FusionPBX and offer a live demo for audience participation.
Bring your smartphone, tablet or laptop and you too will be able to
experience the pleasure of participating in conference calls with
other people in the same room as you.

Speaking of VoIP, did you know that there is a VoIP/telephony group
that meets locally? It is organized by... Bob Jonkman. Their next
meeting will be held August 28 at Egg Roll King. Visit
http://kwvoip.ca for more information or to sign up for the group's
mailing list.

And that's it, I guess? Here's where we meet:

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria Street N
(at Weber)
Kitchener

Visit https://kwlug.org/sjk for maps and pictures of the location. The
meeting starts at 7pm, and the doors open around 6:30pm. Setup helpers
are always welcome.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org