[kwlug-disc] The Future of Linux User Groups with Stefano Maffulli of OSI

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Mon Mar 11 16:56:11 EDT 2024

Andrew Sullivan Cant wrote on 2024-03-10 18:47:

> Do you know if there is any recording or notes from this meeting?

I checked their YouTube, nothing recent there.

> I would be interested to see if they had any ideas we could use for KWLUG.

I can't recall, but acquiring new members is still an unsolved problem.

Meetup.com (yuck), maybe a local university's computer science Reddit,
social media (short TikTok videos about Linux), etc.

It's all about going to where the user base is, which is where most of
us don't want to be.

> I did see that they use NextCloud as the base for their calendar. That
> is kind of interesting.

I don't think they are doing that - where'd you see a calendar?

I see a simple list of meeting dates:

https://gtalug.org/meeting/

THIS is a NextCloud calendar embedded in a WordPress site, showing all
the tech meetups I know about:

https://bclug.ca/tech-meetups/

rb