[kwlug-disc] The Future of Linux User Groups with Stefano Maffulli of OSI

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 22:05:05 EDT 2024

I managed to attend for the last part of that meeting near the end of
Stefano's talk (which seemed very interesting - I wish I could have seen
the beginning).
At the end, I do remember that Evan asked for ideas around bolstering
engagement, and there were a few LUGs that had some success that way that
shared their ideas.
One (California?) mentioned that they had excellent attendance mainly
because they did it in-person only and recording was not allowed (which
they believe encouraged participation for fear of missing out, and
encouraged speakers to talk since many didn't want that).
Another one mentioned that they used library space and catered primarily to
newcomers (very much like the old InstallFest days).
That's all I remember.