[kwlug-disc] OT: Research study participants wanted re: Remote/Hybrid Work in the Tech Sector

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 11 08:56:05 EST 2024

This does not have anything to do with FLOSS but does relate to people
who work in tech, so there is good overlap here. I participated
in the study and it was fine. Tyler is also able to be conscientious
around things people can/cannot disclose because of workplace NDAs.

Tyler said he is looking for 20-30 more participants. Some of you
have strong feelings about remote/hybrid work and some do not, and I
feel for research studies like this both types of participants are
valuable.

- Paul

----

Hi all,

My name is Tyler Blackman. I am currently conducting interviews for a
study on remote work and hybrid work. The study is looking at the
changing meaning of work, specifically remote and hybrid work in
Ontario's technology sector. I am interested in talking to you about
your experiences with remote work, hybrid work and other flexible work
arrangements. It does not matter if you are currently working remotely
or in a hybrid role, or if you are back in the office full-time. The
research involves an interview of around 60 minutes, conducted online.
If you would like to find out more about the project, please go here
https://uwaterloo.ca/scholar/tblackma/remote-work-hybrid-work-and-future-work
or email me at tyler.blackman at uwaterloo.ca .

Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to pass this message
on.

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Housing: https://unionsd.coop