[kwlug-disc] old NAS, free to good home

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue Jan 9 09:28:08 EST 2024

On Mon, Jan 8, 2024, at 18:36, CrankyOldBugger wrote:
> I recently tried to set it up with Ubuntu server to see if I could resurrect it but ran into some issues.  This is a headless box, so no video output, so caveat emptor.

FWIW, I used to have one of these and it worked pretty well.

There is actually a VGA header on the motherboard, which makes installing (and troubleshooting, if required) significantly easier. You can probably still buy ready-made adapters on ebay.

There's also a PCIE (x4?) slot, but iirc it's too tight to actually fit a GPU in there.

--
*Chris Irwin*

email:   chris at chrisirwin.ca
  web: https://chrisirwin.ca