[kwlug-disc] Bank of Canada launching public consultations on a digital dollar

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri May 12 20:27:21 EDT 2023

Oh, I agree with you.  And being someone who lives in the middle of
Mennonite country, I know cash isn't going away anytime soon.  But I
certainly would welcome any system that replaces both cash and bank cards
equally.  And more than that, I would welcome a system where everyone has
access to money in a fair and just system.  But do a quick read of the last
4,000 years of human history and you'll know that certain people will find
a way to hijack any system for their own gain, at everyone else's expense.
Sorry to be the negative one here, but that's just the way I see it.