[kwlug-disc] Troubleshooting sound on BBB

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 28 19:14:36 EDT 2023

John Driezen and I are having troubles making his audio sound okay on
BBB. It was working okay before, but now when he speaks there is some
squeaking noise along with his voice, and his voice seems quite quiet.
In addition he is hearing cracks and pops from his end.

It is also the case that every so often his sound will get VERY LOUD
for about a half second or so without him changing any settings on his
computer.

The webcam only has a microphone. He is using speakers on his computer
-- not a headset -- so that may be part of the issue. We have fiddled
with Pulseaudio and alsamixer but adjusting volumes there does not fix
much.

He is running Linux Mint on a desktop.

We are meeting Thursday at 5pm to try and troubleshoot further. If
anybody with audio bravery is willing to help us out that would be
amazing.

- Paul
--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org