[kwlug-disc] Need a new SSD ...

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 12:38:59 EDT 2023

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 12:07 PM William Park via kwlug-disc <
kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote:

> On 2023-03-24 17:16, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > WD Blue
> > Kingston
> > Samsung EVO
> >
> > Which of these will be more reliable?
>
> Silly question.  Samsung.

If mfg's specs re: TBW are to be believed, Samsung blows past Crucial and
others --
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/uqp52l/crucial_mx500_vs_samsung_870_evo_1_tb_specs/

I take TBW specs with a massive boulder of salt. I believe Samsung has been
trading on their name for years wrt SSDs and their price premium is
unjustified. All the same, they are the gold standard at my IT shop(due to
staff & client preference) with Crucial coming in a real close 2nd.
FWIW.