[kwlug-disc] Plugin/show-and-tell presentations

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 17 18:29:19 EST 2023

A while ago (https://kwlug.org/node/1279) Supreme Leader Andrew gave
us a talk on some of the Firefox plugins he finds helpful. Lots of the
software we use have plugins that make using the software more
tolerable:

- Text editors
- Development environments
- Web browsers
- Commandline shells
- Desktop environments

I feel introducing some of these plugins and configurations to others
could be a fun topic or series of topics. I am thinking we could break
this down into short 15 minute presentations.

If we could schedule a few of these then it might help fill our
longstanding desire to have more beginner-friendly presentations.

Another way of framing this is as show and tell. You could show off
something about your computer setup, and tell us why you made the
decisions you did. Why that distribution? Why that desktop? Why those
plugins? Why that shell? (Related: https://usesthis.com/) .

These kinds of presentations are nice because they tell us a little
about what is out there, and inspiration for how we can make our own
computer experiences more tolerable.

Thus the ask: do we have some volunteers who would be able to show
something off? You can email me directly if you are shy, but if
somebody is brave and volunteers on the list it may inspire others to
do the same.

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org