[kwlug-disc] Docker Host Appliance

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Jan 15 15:57:39 EST 2023

(FYI I am going to say some, but not from my own experience, so I am
happy to be corrected. :) )

Is this was Proxmox is for?
   https://www.proxmox.com/en/

I have not used, but other people in the LUG have used it:
   https://kwlug.org/search/node?keys=proxmox

Listening to the "Self-Hosted" podcast recently, I think they have also
mentioned Proxmox working well for VMs and containers.
   https://selfhosted.show/

Or would that be doing the same thing that XCP-NG is doing?

Can I ask what hardware you installed TrueNAS Scale on?

My home storage is on a little DNS-323, with 2 hard drives, which works
pretty well but I feel like one day it is going to die and not come
back. I some point I need to start planning for a replacement.

TrueNAS or OpenMediaVault, look like interesting possible FLOSS NAS
management software. I don't know how OMV would handle VM/container images.

Andrew