[kwlug-disc] ChatGTP + Bing: we're entering a new paradigm and it's mind-blowing

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Thu Feb 16 14:02:38 EST 2023

> There is a huge gap between reality and expectation ...

And we, humans in statistical general, hence skewed and dominated by
normies, we have a brain that bridges that gap, or glosses it over. It
is amazing to observe. This is as much about humans as it is about
external tech.

Somewhere here we may recall add to the pile of puzzle pieces that
Richard's youtube video about names, and how we use them:
https://youtu.be/F9ovAN-t4S0?t=89

We often say that neural network or brain will always "find pattern".
But we actually mean that neural network or brain will always "outline
pattern" in incoming data. Sound in the brunches, must be tiger, etc.

Word "find" implies existence of a found thing, while "outline" doesn't.
I can always outline anything on a beach sand.