[kwlug-disc] Wi-fi questions

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Thu Feb 9 14:04:02 EST 2023

> The more I think about it, the more I think I can run a CAT5/6 cable
> over to where I would mount a second antenna.  I put a switch in the
> unfinished laundry room for my RetroPi setup and the other end of said
> room is pretty close to the guest room, although underneath it...  So
> if I can get a better signal by going CAT5/6 to the second antenna,
> then all the better..

My two cents.

Recently (couple months ago) I was thinking about running a cable,
thinking about cables in air ducts, etc. But, decided to try ethernet
over power line thingy, from CanadaComputers in-town shop. I bought the
most budget, 1G pair, and it works. Allowed me to move my single WiFi
point to a better place for WiFi consumers.