[kwlug-disc] Hard Disk Drive for NVR

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Fri Sep 9 16:35:39 EDT 2022

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote on 2022-09-09 10:22:

> Due to past experience with Seagate, I am trying to stay away from
> them in favour of WD. But it seems that this Seagate has better
> reviews than the WD Purple equivalent.
It seems in the past year or few that the zeitgeist has come to favour
Seagate over WD.

Some shenanigans like you mentioned re: shingled storage and part
numbers not reflecting that. And I'm struggling to think of other
issues, but pretty sure there's been more shady behaviour by WD.

My negative 2¢ contribution...

rb