[kwlug-disc] Serving video library

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sat Oct 15 16:07:29 EDT 2022

Context.

It is 2022.

You have a library of DVDs. And you did make a private copy, cause dvd's
scratch/fail.

Then you open access to it on your local network along with pdf and epub
books. Access as a simple http directory you can browse.

The problem with DVDs is that it is a folder you need to start watching
it. Turning to mp4's and likes looses DVD's vibe.

Eureka:

So, there is a plugin for Firefox that will download whole http
directory. You know, a GUI tool others in your household can click/use.

Plugin is
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/http-directory-downloader/

I am sure there are others. But, I haven't thought about this way of
accessing DVD's before.