[kwlug-disc] Attendance

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 6 21:12:52 EDT 2022

Here are my thoughts:

1.  Online attendance is consistent with in-person meetings we had.
When we had real meetings, people actually interested in the
presentation topics were few.  Others showed up to talk/ask about
related or unrelated things, during or after meetings, to drop off or
pickup things, etc.  You can't do this in online meeting.

2.  I don't want to spend yet another hour staring at the screen.

3.  Most topics are very specialized, so that doesn't help attendance.

4.  Several posts (forget who, sorry) mentioned some "workshop" or
"tutorial" might help.  OK.  But, it depends on how we do it.  Here are
my ideas:

5.  Let's pick popular app, say LibreOffice.  Let's go through its
features, and create videos.  Different people have different need.  Eg.
I have frequent need (almost daily) to draw red box/circle/arrow on
image, and send it to people via Outlook or Teams.  I do it using SnagIt
on Windows.  How do I do this on Linux?

6. Gimp is another.  Eg. How do I trim edges, like scissor?  My eyes
hurt reading manual.

7. I can do Bash topic. :)