[kwlug-disc] To WIFI or not to WIFI

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Oct 6 12:26:19 EDT 2022

On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 10:52 AM Federer Fanatic <nafdef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, There are various hypothesized issues regarding exposure to wifi

There is no science behind any of those claims.

WiFi is in the part of the spectrum that is non-ionizing (as opposed to the
more
energetic part that is ionizing, specifically, UV, X-Rays, Gamma rays). So
WiFi
cannot cause DNA or protein damage.

And WiFi devices do not cause molecular dipole rotation like your microwave
oven, nor
do they emit enough energy to cook proteins like the oven does.

And what about other radio waves around us? FM radio, over the air TV, your
cell
phone? Even if you do not own any of those devices, the radio waves are
going
through your body all the time.

In some communities, cell phone towers go up, then some locals will
complain to
the phone company that they have headaches and other symptoms, and it is the
towers that are causing these symptoms. Then the company says: "But we have
not powered it on yet! So it has to be something else".

so the question I have is how do guys avoid this scenario without having a
> jungle
> of wires. I guess having thin wires and plugs in the wall and maybe the
> floor
> might be the answer or having carpets over such wires.

Years ago, I was able to run some Ethernet cables from the basement (where
the
modem/routers are) to the second floor using the return air intake ducts.
Having
an unfinished basement definitely helped a lot ...