[kwlug-disc] Disillusioned

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:40:19 EDT 2022

I got a reply to my "here's why I'm leaving you" email to OpenMedia:

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out. Dogwood was the co-sponsor of this petition, on
rare occasions we partner with other organizations who align with us in
order to make our petition stronger. That is why you are receiving a
follow-up email from Dogwood. We tried to make this very transparent by
stating it right below the "Sign the Petition" button, and we give everyone
the opportunity to opt out with the Edit Subscription Preferences button in
the same area. We'll keep exploring ways to make sure it's clear to
everyone, as we take your data extremely seriously, and we know you do too.
In the meantime, you can unsubscribe from any Dogwood communications at the
bottom of their emails and as per your request, we can remove you from any
further OpenMedia communications if that's still what you would like.

Thanks so much for your support - Right to Repair is an issue that we're
passionate about and we know our community is, too. Please feel free to let
us know if you have any questions or any other feedback in the meantime.

Take care,
Devon

Sounds to me like "there is an opt-out button, but damn if we can find
it..."