[kwlug-disc] [...] Waterloo Region Votes (Oct 2022)

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Wed Oct 5 01:13:29 EDT 2022

Paul Nijjar via kwlug-announce wrote on 2022-10-01 08:45:

> https://waterlooregionvotes.org  , an information hub for the municipal
> election happening on October 24 put together by CivicTechWR.

CBC Radio 1 interviewed the guy behind Vote Mate - a similar site for BC.

He began when he was 15yo and peeved that he couldn't yet vote yet those
that could vote did not.

He's done a really nice job of it!

A random example of independent (wacko) running for Vancouver Council:

https://votemate.org/c/7586?riding=24&t=about

Slick interface, source code is very clean, I don't recognize any
framework traces in there.

We've got ~10 parties running in the municipal election, plus parks
board, plus school board; really need to read up on who's who.

Glad I found this site. It doesn't have the depth of research as
WRVotes, but there may be some ideas worth incorporating?

rb