[kwlug-disc] Disillusioned

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:19:55 EDT 2022

I need a place to vent..

For several years now, I have supported OpenMedia's various causes, as
their views often aligned with mine.

Recently, I got an email from a "Dogwood" organization that seems to want
to stop logging in BC.  They say they got my address from OpenMedia.  I
found this very disturbing that an organization devoted to protecting our
online issues/privacy/access/etc., would give away my email address.

No offence to people in BC, but I value my online privacy more than I value
some forests.  (not that I don't want to protect our forests, of course)

To make matters worse, unsubscribing from Dogwood seems to involve
completing complicated insurance forms while mixing cement.. or something
equally difficult.  I've tried twice now, but I still don't think I got it
right.

Very not pleased.  Much grumpy.