[kwlug-disc] bulk renaming with regex

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Oct 1 16:58:30 EDT 2022

If you want to bulk-rename files in a GUI, the filemanager 'caja' in the
MATE desktop has an extension, 'caja-rename' that you can activate in
the Preferences menu. It adds a second "Rename" option to the
right-click menu when multiple files are selected.

I'll bet other GUI filemanagers have similar extensions.

--Bob.