[kwlug-disc] Apparently YouTube loves Canadian Youtubers

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Mon Nov 28 19:48:47 EST 2022

Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote on 2022-11-28 15:45:

> I have seen a little bit about C-11 but not following it closely.  As
> a person incapable of independent thought, somebody please tell me
> what opinion I should have towards it?

I too haven't followed closely, but my impression is that it's trying to
be "Can Con" (Canadian Content for radio (& TV?)) for the internet.

Can Con has been pretty successful in promoting Canadian musicians as
far as I can tell, but the gist I get from C-11 is that it's either
misdirected, misguided, too great an imposition on the tech companies,
or maybe doomed because ... reasons, or maybe against our freedoms.

I don't know, so am staying neutral for now.