[kwlug-disc] Apparently YouTube loves Canadian Youtubers

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 28 18:45:22 EST 2022

If all the big sites are advocating for a certain bill then my
kneejerk reaction is to oppose them on the basis that they are not
advocating for my interests. Example: laws enshrining gig workers as
independent contractors.

The counterexample would be something like FOSTA/SESTA, in which I
agreed with Big Tech (and which in my opinion has had some bad
consequences).

I have seen a little bit about C-11 but not following it closely.  As
a person incapable of independent thought, somebody please tell me
what opinion I should have towards it?

If the tech companies are campaigning this hard against the bill then
it must be bad for them, but is it good for me? Is it good for Canada
as a whole?

- Paul