[kwlug-disc] The Fediverse is complicated

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Nov 23 15:10:15 EST 2022

Quoting Chris Frey (cdfrey at foursquare.net):

> It kinda reminds me of the gold rush of video conferencing during the
> early days of the pandemic.  Quite a few open source projects had
> a great opportunity, from matrix to jitsi, but it was zoom that won
> in the end.

You keep using this word, "won".  I do not think it means what you think
it means.  Network effect and Metcalf's Law are of course real, but also
do not dictate a victory outcome.

How's that MySpace stock doing, by the way?

--
Cheers,             And we all know the saying, which is true as well as witty,
Rick Moen           that a camel is a horse that was designed by a committee.