[kwlug-disc] KWLUG on Mastodon

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 22 04:20:35 EST 2022

The url is: https://wrmstdn.ca/@kwlug . If you are Fediverse-inclined,
please subscribe and retoot relevant posts to help spread the word.

It mostly forwards videos and upcoming meetings from kwlug.org, and
(in a clunky way) tweets from the official KWLUG Twitter account.

The Mastodon server wrmstdn.ca is a hyperlocal Waterloo Region
Mastodon instance.

I selected this server because Fosstodon doesn't like bots. Maybe this
server will not live long, but so long as we can migrate then it does
not matter.

If somebody (Andrew? Bob Jonkman?) would like to help get real tweets
mirrored to the Mastodon or the other way around, then that would be
great. Otherwise Andrew can just tweet as usual and messages will
hopefully find their way to this account.

If anybody would like to co-moderate this social media or take it over
completely that would be great. The bus factor is pretty bad with this
one. (It is also bad for the VPS we use to send RSS feeds to the
Mastodon site.)

- Paul

--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org