[kwlug-disc] Promoting on Twitter, for the moment I guess

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Nov 7 23:55:01 EST 2022

If you're setting up a dedicated 3rd level domain, the suggestion[1] has
been made to use "follow", eg follow.kwlug.org on which I would be
@bobjonkman at follow.kwlug.org

This makes the domain name independent from a particular piece of
software, so when you upgrade from Mastodon to GNUsocial everyone's
Fediverse ID stays the same.

--Bob.

[1] https://mastodon.social/@Danhon@mastodon.cloud/109247440196861523