[kwlug-disc] Promoting on Twitter, for the moment I guess

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Nov 7 02:05:44 EST 2022

No, sorry, the StatusNet instance is down forever, and the
@KWLUG at sn.jonkman.ca account with it.  The software was replaced by
GNUsocial, but none of the accounts were migrated except my own.
Selfish, I know.

This is a great opportunity for KWLUG to set up their own instance in
the Fediverse.  The Mastodon software is the most popular at the moment,
but I'm still partial to GNUsocial.  And there are a number of KWLUG
members who host Friendica or Hubzilla instances. Since those allow
longer-form text, they may be a better choice for KWLUG, if the mailing
list activity is anything to go by.

--Bob.