[kwlug-disc] Has anyone want to try out Mozilla Hubs?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 8 19:58:51 EST 2022

>> Hubs by Mozilla seems to be the natural evolution of Microsoft Bob, no?
>

> That's *exactly* the thought I had (some moments after pressing "Send",
> of course).

I guess I don't see the comparison. Was Bob anything about VR/AR?

I also wonder if Mozilla is sometimes held to a higher standard than
other organizations. Kind of the same way that we see all the dumb stuff
that open source projects do, because it is mostly public. But we don't
see that same stuff for proprietary projects because its all secret.

Seeing Mozilla try out different experiments, and not just leave these
thing to the FAANG seem good to me.  Whatever the VR/AR stuff eventually
becomes, Mozilla's participation will hopefully make things more open.

And maybe my Matrix-style pod will run free software one day! :)

Andrew

(P.S.: And I just realize my subject was very badly grammar-ed. :)