[kwlug-disc] have I ever told you guys that Facebook is evil?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 22:28:46 EDT 2022

If you want to think on the idea of smart cars that communicate with a
central server, try reading the (fictional) novel Attack Surface by Cory
Doctorow.  It certainly opened my eyes to the possible evil of the whole
concept.

As to trusting Elon Musk?  I used to think he was the saviour of mankind,
but nowadays I'm not so sure.  I don't think I want to trust my security
and privacy to a known Trump supporter, for starters..  I guess there's
good and bad in all people.

If you're wondering, no, I haven't yet found a Utopian ideal for merging
privacy and security with modern comforts..  I'm working on it, but it's
slow going.  I wish I could give you good news there..