[kwlug-disc] Google with TOTP

Znoteer znoteer at mailbox.org
Wed Jun 8 16:13:41 EDT 2022

Hello, your friendly montreal lurker here,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 03:37:59PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Some background ...

[snip]

> They require 2-Step authentication, which is either a popup on an Android
> device, or an SMS message.
> Both require the phone to be online.

I use neither yoogle nor jeemail, but I saw a thread on another mailing list (getmail) dealing with not having an available online phone when needing to authenticate.  Maybe it can give you some ideas.

The whole thread is here: https://marc.info/?t=165419083600001&r=1&w=2

The specifice message where it starts to get interesting for you is here: https://marc.info/?l=getmail&m=165428416217310&w=2

Hmm, there were actually some links posted in earlier messages than the one I just pointed out, so it might be worthwhile giving the whole thread a scan.

Good luck,

--
Znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org