[kwlug-disc] No manpage in Snap packages?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 6 15:40:18 EDT 2022

Adding to MANPATH doesn't scale, unless they put it under /snap/man or
something.  But, that's no different from /usr/man.

I'm now reading about Snap.  My feeling is, their focus is more on Snap
Store.  From that perspective, manpage issue is not that bad.  Since I
know where "jq" is (/snap/jq), I can find its manpage (find /snap/jq
-name man), and do man directly (man /snap/jq/.../man/man1/jq.1.gz).
Not all apps are suited for manpage.  If there are many sections (eg.
zsh, btrfs), then html is better than manpage.