[kwlug-disc] No manpage in Snap packages?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 6 12:09:37 EDT 2022

It looks like there has been some official discussion about this, but
it sounds as if it should have been fixed now? I admit I do not really
understand the proposed solution.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1575593

But the workaround is to put paths in your MANPATH environment
variable:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/764835/how-can-i-view-man-pages-for-apps-installed-via-snaps

(Sorry for doing the obvious searches about this. Your question got me
curious.)

- Paul

Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org
Housing: https://unionsd.coop