[kwlug-disc] From Slackware to which distro?

Doug Moen doug at moens.org
Sun Jun 5 21:53:09 EDT 2022

I installed OpenSUSE Tumbleweed instead, and that worked. So far, Plasma/KDE is an improvement (for me) over Gnome 3. The initial set of "papercuts" I'm seeing are far less annoying than what I experienced with Fedora.

GeckoLinux uses Ubuntu fonts.

Here's how to do a distribution upgrade (of Leap) using the Yast GUI:
  https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/leap/startup/html/book-startup/cha-update-osuse.html#sec-upgrade-yast
You download a system image, burn it onto a USB thumb drive, boot from the thumb drive, then select "Upgrade".