[kwlug-disc] [BCLUG] WordPerfect 7 for UNIX, running perfectly happily in a Linux terminal in 2022

Cedric Puddy cedric at ccjclearline.com
Fri Jul 29 14:40:36 EDT 2022

Hi Chris and Znoteer,

Thanks for bringing up some good memories!

Daaaaaamn.  I love it.  When I was at MKS, and in school, I would often be
in the office late doing school work (had a sweet NCD X-term setup at my
desk! Big HP 4Si laser printers just sitting there!  A 64 kbit Internet
connection from UUnet!), primarily running WorldPerfect for Unix on our
SunOS host ("giga", I believe because it had a gig of ram).

I figure I had a blackbelt in WordPerfect at the time (I recall doing
complex formulas and such, etc), but when I fired it up again years later,
I found that it was almost nothing like riding a bike or falling off a
log.  I don't know about anyone else, but that muscle memory seems to have
consisted entirely of conscript labour, since those neurons dropped shovels
& headed for the hills at the first opportunity.

 Best Regards,
-Cedric

[ cp ] { IT | Photography | Audio | Maker Stuff | cedric at thinkers.org }
[Interested in a community workshop? Check out KwartzLab!]