[kwlug-disc] Peak crypto?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Wed Jan 19 16:08:48 EST 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 02:55:33PM -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> These are spelled out in this video he sent me.
> See how many fallacies and misleading/unsubstantiated claims you can spot.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7dMVcVWgc

Interesting video.  I haven't been following Bitcoin that closely
to spot the mistakes you may have found, but if true, the part about
harnessing the flared methane waste gas was pretty cool, and a
market force I would not have foreseen.

On the other hand, all that computation still feels like a waste
to me, although when I try to mentally solve the same problems Bitcoin
does, I have not yet found a better solution.

- Chris