[kwlug-disc] USB tty driver 'stuck'

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:48:44 EST 2022

Sorry Khalid, I feel the need to one-up you --

Back in the day(1980-ish), while working at Orion Electronics on Lancaster
St., I spend at least an hour putzing around with an external floppy drive
on an Apple ][ clone, changing out ribbon cable,replacing the floppy
interface card inside the PC, trying different boot floppies, removing the
drive from it's chassis and re-seating an open-collector TTL chip(if memory
serves) famous for "creep", nothing, no boot.

Sometime in the mid-afternoon on that amazing summer's day, squinting
through the glare of the sun through massive glass panes defining the
computer showroom, I realized I had forgotten to close the floppy drive
door...

Double duh!

Ron S.
All the best for 2022!