[kwlug-disc] Canada is proposing social media surveillance and censorship

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Fri Sep 24 16:35:06 EDT 2021

Please, consider signing again https://openmedia.org/CanadaCensorshipPlan

I want to add that similar tools are used against people of Belarus.
Characterization by openmedia seems an understatement of downstream
negative effects.

You've heard about Stasi archives in Germany. Imagine these archives
digitized, and add to it wiretapping done internally in the system,
capturing "verbal orders". This is what cyber partisans have unearthed.
Orders against people, following their posts about truth? You bet.

Consider also sending a direct note to your representative, can be found
by constituencies in https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/constituencies

When you write to your rep., if they want to push this, where should I
migrate. Seriously. This issue is important for all, independent of your
party. If any party pushes it, the coming later dictator will turn party
into a mock like it has done in Russia and Belarus (examples I know).
Legislations like these are tools for abuse. It is normal that you can't
imagine how this can be abused. 10 million in Belarus also couldn't
imagine abuse, but they got it anyway. And, they are not alone in the
history. We, Canadian should absorbs these lessons instead of repeating.

<side-note> Work of these partisans totally redeems overuse of a word
"cyber". </side-note>