[kwlug-disc] Help Linux on a chrome machine

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 20 21:34:55 EDT 2021

Wiping out Chromebook OS and installing Linux is not worth it.
Chromebook has lots of hardware integrations that are hidden and not
present in normal Linux distros.  But, you can install Ubuntu, Kubuntu,
and Xubuntu (three I tried) into "sandbox" within Chromebook.  It's
called "crouton", which is full graphical and nicely integrated with
Chromebook.

You can follow links from (Chromebook -> 2.Crouton)
     https://wiki.gtalug.org/user:william:running_shell_on_other_oss

--William