[kwlug-disc] KVM switch alternatives

Ron Singh ronsingh149 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 18:16:12 EDT 2021

That Amaz 8-porter for $400 sounds like it's worth trying, assuming Amaz is
the seller and you can return it easily if no workie.

In my space, clients get this:
https://www.amazon.ca/IOGEAR-4-Port-Multimedia-Switch-GCS1794/dp/B001V9LQ52
Cheap and readily available.

At least 15 are out there at clients' IT desks, no deaths so far except for
1 AC adapter, a generic 16v(if I recall correctly) that can be had all over
the place real cheap. I detest the company for vague reasons, but their
KVMs stand up. Been using their KVMs since the VGA days, then onto DVI and
now on HDMI/DP. FWIW

Thanks,

Ron S.